Thursday, March 09, 2006

Welcome!


Hi Everyone—

Welcome to Gourmet Club 2006. I think we are all anticipating another year of great recipes and great company. I am personally glad to be back after last year's hiatus (But, while I wasn't at your dinners, I did use your recipes!) We also welcome back Luci and Angela. And Julia joins us this year for her inaugural season. Everyone seems to be looking forward to this year's focus on simple, great tasting food.

Suzi and Malinda did a FANTASTIC job a couple of weeks ago with the kick-off dinner. Everything was delicious and fabulously reproducible. I know several of you have already made the chicken on your own, as have I. I loved it.

For those of you who weren't able to attend, here's what we enjoyed:

Coconut Shrimp with Sweet & Spicy

Mango Lime Dipping Sauce

Butternut Squash & Apple Soup with Roasted Hazelnuts

Sun-dried Tomato Crusted Chicken with
Sunny Butter Sauce

Feta Couscous

Grilled Asparagus with Lemon


Fudge-Strawberry Cream Torte

Our next dinner is 28 March, hosted by Stephanie, Lucy and Amber.

About the blog...this blog business is new to me. I have a lot of refining of this whole thing to do, so please be patient with me until I'm up to speed with the posting. In the meantime, feel free to make comments and suggestions about how to do this better and of course about the food!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home